Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A "Rockwell" Christmas

The weekend of Thanksgiving, our town, Forest Lake, MN.  has a tree lighting ceremony in the heart of town.  I had previously heard about this, but this was the first year that we attended.  I will NEVER miss another one! LOL!  It was AWESOME! They had face painting, hot cocoa by a bonfire by the lake, Santa and Mrs. Claus, a parade, and the tree lighting!  It just couldn't have been more perfect and fun! We met friends there and bumped into more neighbors and friends and community members.  What a nice, fun event. Everywhere you looked there were people smiling, laughing, and enjoying the season.  We absolutely loved it and I can't wait to go next year. I really felt like I was in an old fashioned Christmas painting!  So great!

Santa Arrives!

The girls were so excited and talked over and over about how Mrs. Claus "looked a lot different" than they were expecting!

Arika asked for a scooter, and Leah asked for a DS.

Smile Daddy and Leah!


Wheeee Daddy!

Mom and Dad lookin' festive!


Bonfire girls!

Rudolph?

Pretty bear!

Face painted cuties!

Hot cocoa and cookies!  Yum!





Fire truck tour!

Train rides!


Heather, Me, and Melissa!

Leah and Arika and festive friends!


I love you SANTA!

Dancing with Daddy by the lit up tree!
Arika says "I feel like a princess!"

My turn to dance with the "handsome Prince!" says Leah.

It's a "Rockwell" Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment