Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Anniversary Day

December 16th is the anniversary of our son Thor's birth and death.  He was stillborn.  I guess at the time that he was pronounced dead, I thought, okay we will have his funeral and his burial and then this will be over.  However, it's not over.  Thor continues to be an important part of who our family is.  He is a very special, active, living part of our family.  Leah and Arika talk about him all of the time, and ask a lot of questions.  Although I am not devistated anymore, there will always be parts of me missing.  I walk around a lot of days thinking, why are these people talking to me, and treating me normal.  Can't they see the "holes" in my body? Don't they know I am hurting? And am damaged? But most of the time I am happy and thrilled to talk about Thor, to tell his story to someone who hasn't heard it. To share him and how beautiful he was and all of the many lessons that he has taught me.  Recently while putting together a sweet video about him I found these wonderful pictures.

So Sweet.

"Comfort"

Happy 4th Birthday Baby Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment