Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lessons at home

Spent wonderfully relaxing day at home with girls.  We practiced writing letters, worked in Kindergarten work books, and had a lesson in money and what the amounts mean.  Leah did very well.  She was counting up by ones, fives, and tens.  Doing great.  We even practiced a scenario with me giving her back the wrong change and she had to catch the mistake.  Arika, rarely has the patience to sit through learning lessons.  She has to learn by doing, she literally can't sit still.  She took a $10.00 and ran off into the living room!  Sigh.   At least I got her to practice writing some of her letters.
Since recieving a bunch of Christmas candy in their stockings from Santa Claus, Arika has been pestering me for candy five times a day.  Today at 3:00 she comes up to me and says shes hungry.  I say "what would you like to eat?"  "Ketchup and candy."  To her, that is the perfect meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment