Monday, September 24, 2012

The magic of 6!

Arika seems to have crossed a milestone.  She is having a much easier time reading by herself.  For once tonight, we didn't have to argue, I didn't have to urge her to read every word.  She read because she could, just a simle book,  "Hop On Pop".  But she read the words and corrected herself when she used the wrong words. She smiled and had fun the whole time.  Love, love, love.  It's hard to instill reading for a child that doesn't like to sit still, but when we practice like tonight I will have renewed hope!  I will not give up on my Arika, just because she doesn't like to, doesn't mean she can't read.  We will keep practicing, and keep on trying to make it fun and interesting for her!  My sweet little 6!

Sept. 24 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment